or call 1-800-542-8916 for AgriLabs Customer Service
LIMITED AVAILABILITY IN 2013.
Horn Flies:The Facts
- Horn flies are biting - blood sucking flies with piercing mouth parts that cause the industry over $875M per year.Horn flies will bite and feed on blood approximately 25 to 40 or more times a day per cow or calf. Horn fly populations per animal generally reach several hundred flies, aggravating cattle to where they are more concerned about relief than grazing, causing shrink, poor productivity and mothering of young calves.Horn flies begin to inflict cattle as early as mid to late Spring and continues through Fall.
- It is estimated that as much as 2/3 of antiparasites are administered incorrectly or at the incorrect time. Most are administered when additional labor is available or when cattle are handled for other needs or treatments. This can limit the effectiveness of your fly control program.
Introducing the VetCap + AiM-L System.
An easier way to control horn flies on cattle
The unique VetCap System offers cattle raisers an easier way to control horn flies. When horn fly infestations begin to bother your cattle, you can apply a proven insecticide as remote as 15 feet away. While your cattle are milling around or feeding, they can be treated from a safe distance, without added stress and without added labor. That saves you time and helps to put you in control of when and where you want to dose your cattle. That makes it easier on them too.
- No additional labor required. One person could dose at least 100 head in a fraction of the time it would require with other methods.
- No need to handle cattle to treat them to apply an insecticide.
- No chute or special handling facilities needed. Reduces the chance of injuries to the cattle and the ranchers.
- No added stress to the cattle and calves. By handling the cattle in the manner they are generally use to, the rancher can more easily deliver the insecticide safely from a remote distance.
- Delivery of the Insecticide is made easy utilizing the revolutionary newVetGun® , which delivers the worlds first EPA approved insecticide VetCap containing the proven Lambda Cyhalothrin pour on.
- The VetGun has been designed by ranchers for ranchers. It’s unique design is durable for years of repeated use. Engineered with heavy duty assembly with minimal moving parts.
- The VetGun is supported with an exceptional service guarantee
The AiM–L VetCap.
- Each AiM-L VetCap contains the proven horn fly insecticide, lambda cyhalothrin, sealed in a specialized gelatin capsule.
- The AiM-L Gelcaps are specifically engineered to be durable in transport, durable upon discharge and deliver an effective burst upon impact when delivered according to directions. Read the label before use.
- Simple dosing:
o 1 capsule for cattle greater than 600 pounds
- Research conducted at the USDA Livestock Insects Research Laboratory in Kerville, TX concluded that “ control efficacy of the VetCap treatment was comparable to the traditional pour on treatment”.
- In a horn fly study. “Efficacy of VetCap on horn fly numbers”, shows the VetCap System reduced horn fly numbers by over 90% in a 40 day trial.
- This same study showed a single Vetcap dose to one side only, effectively controlled hornflies on both sides of the animal and reduced horn flies below the accepted economic threshold of hornfly infestations.
- VetCap Central Texas Lambda Cyhalothrin & PBO Gelcap Study: Final Report. The study compared efficacy of a single VetCap against the commerical pour-on for the control of hornflies.