How It Works
The VetGun™ system offers cattle raisers an easier way to control horn flies and lice.
When horn fly infestations begin to bother your cattle, you can apply a proven insecticide as remotely as 15 to 30 feet away. While your cattle are grazing or feeding, they can be treated from a safe distance, without unnecessary stress and without unnecessary labor. That saves you time and helps put you in control of when and where you want to dose your cattle, making life easier for you and the animals.
- No additional labor required. One person could dose at least 100 head in a fraction of the time it would require with other methods.
- No need to handle cattle to treat them.
- No chute or special handling facilities needed. Reduces the chance of injuries to cattle and ranchers.
- No added stress to cattle and calves. By handling cattle in the manner they are generally used to, the rancher can more effectively deliver the insecticide safely from a remote distance.
- Delivery of the insecticide is made easy by utilizing the revolutionary new VetGun, which delivers the EPA-registered insecticide AiM-L™ VetCap, containing the proven insecticide, lambda cyhalothrin as well as our new AiM-A Abamectin VetCap.
Click here to learn more about VetGun.
The following is a sample rotation schedule of how AiM-L and AiM-A VetCaps could be used for control of horn fly and lice if first treatment of the season is with ivermectin.
Step 1: Treat with AiM-L when flies start to appear
Step 2: Treat with AiM-A when flies approach approximately 200/animal
Step 3: Treat with AiM-L four weeks after AiM-A treatment
Step 4: Treat with AiM-A when flies approach approximately 200/animal
During winter and early spring, treat with 2x AiM-L two weeks apart to control lice.
Before use read entire label for instructions, precautions and warnings.